This mushrooms stir-fry recipe is delicious, quick, and made with a just few simple ingredients. If you haven’t tried oyster mushrooms, this dish is for you. Let’s check out how to make this appetizing meal with the easy steps below.
Stir-fry dishes are easy to prepare and simple to make so they’re always my favorite go-to meals to make for lunch or dinner. Mushrooms are delicious! I normally use dried Shiitake or other mushrooms for soups and sauces. Today, mushrooms are the stars of this stir-fry.
A good combination of spices and sauces make the best stir fry. I love to use ginger and this homemade all-purpose stir fry sauce or store-bought vegan oyster sauce.
How to make Mushrooms Stir-Fry
First, clean the fresh mushrooms using a damp paper towel or a pastry brush to remove dirt. I prefer this way of cleaning the mushrooms compared to rinsing them directly with water.
Mushrooms soak up water easily so this method prevents mushrooms from turning soggy while cooking. Then, prepare all the veggies, sauces, and spices, then set aside until ready to use.
Step 1: Sauté ginger in oil over medium high heat until golden brown. Then, continue to sauté garlic until aromatic.
Step 2: Add in the mushrooms and continue to cook until the mushrooms turn slightly brown.
Step 3: Then, add in the chopped onions and the rest of the vegetables and give it a quick toss.
Step 4: Add in a squeeze of lime juice. I love to add citrus into my savory dishes to bring out more flavors. Then, follow with the remaining sauces and end it with a swirl of the cornstarch slurry to bind the sauces together.
Step 5: Serve warm with rice, enjoy!
Mushrooms stir-fry without alliums
As mentioned above, ginger is one of my favorite spices to add to any stir-fry dish. So for stir-fry dishes without alliums, I would do only ginger, the rest of the ingredients, and add in cilantro instead of green onions.
Vegetables addition choices
- Celery – not only is celery healthy and tasty, but it also adds an amazing crunch to any dish. Other great alternatives include leek and cabbage
- Mushrooms – most mushrooms are great for stir-fries, though some may need special handling or a longer cooking time like the dried lion’s mane mushroom
- Green onion – adds a touch of sweetness to this dish, and for allium free, sub with cilantro.
I hope you LOVE this easy Mushrooms Stir-Fry as it’s:
- Quick and Easy to make
- Full of umami flavor especially with the homemade all-purpose seasoning
- & TASTY!
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear your feedback and see your beautiful re-creation. Leave me a comment, rate it, and tag @woon.heng and #woonheng to your photos on Instagram or Facebook. Happy cooking, friends!
20-minute Oyster Mushrooms Stir-Fry
- 10 oz [300g] fresh mushrooms of choice used Oyster mushrooms
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 stalks green onion chopped
- 1 knob thumb size ginger sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 red jalapeno sliced
- oil for cooking
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice from 1 lime wedge
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon homemade stirfry sauce or vegan oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or Michiu optional or sub with water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Cornstarch Slurry (mix until well combined)
- ¼ cup [65g] water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel or a pastry brush to remove dirt and tear them into smaller pieces
- Heat a non-stick pan with 1 tablespoon of oil and sauté ginger until they turn golden brown. Then, continue to sauté garlic until aromatic.
- Add in the mushrooms and stir-fry for a minute or two until they're slightly browned or when you can smell the aroma of the mushrooms.
- Add in the rest of the vegetables along and with the sauces, swirl in the cornstarch slurry, and remove from heat.
- Serve warm with rice.
- For the homemade vegan oyster sauce, you can try this all-purpose umami seasoning
- If using store-bought vegan oyster sauce, please adjust the saltiness accordingly
- For other fresh mushrooms that release more moisture, please adjust the cornstarch slurry accordingly.
This is the most wonderful stir fry I have ever made. We LOVED it!!!!! Thank you!
Many, many thanks Mary! I’m so glad you loved this stir-fry. 🙂 yay! Hope you get to try other recipes soon. Best, WoonHeng