Vegan Curry Butter Spaghetti
This vegan curry butter spaghetti is simple, buttery, and slurpilicious! Look no further for a delicious, creamy, spicy dish that takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- 1 serving spaghetti 2oz dried/quarter sized bunch
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter used Miyoko's
- 1 stalk scallion chopped
- 1 tablespoon fried shallots
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- few curry leaves
- 1 - 1.5 tablespoon curry paste
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon mushrooms seasoning or ½ tablespoon of Yondu
- ½ cup of pasta water plus more if needed
Fill a pot with enough water to cook 1 servings of spaghetti. I used about 5 cups with 1 teaspoon of salt.
Cook spaghetti as directed on the package.
During the last few minutes of cooking, heat a large non-stick pan with oil over medium-high heat.
Add curry leaves and let it sizzle (temper) for a few seconds.
Add the curry paste and give it a quick stir.
Pour in the coconut milk and add the mushroom seasoning, then stir to combine.
Finally, add the pasta water and stir. Taste test and season with more salt if needed.
Ladle the curry into a bowl. Strain out the spaghetti and add to the bowl. Top with butter and toss to combine. Garnish with scallions and fried shallots before serving. (You may add your favorite protein toppings such as tofu, marinated tofu and blanched/stir-fried vegetables for a complete meal)
- Spaghetti cooking time varies by brand - please check the package instruction
- I used Mama Lam's curry paste (check their website for vegan version) or you can use homemade sambal
- Other curry paste alternatives include red or yellow
- Coconut milk I used - Savoy.