Black Garlic Chili Oil Noodles
This black garlic chili oil noodles recipe is flavorful, aromatic, and all-around delicious! The flavor combination is out of the world. It's savory, sweet, salty, and SO easy to put together for a quick and delicious meal for any day of the week!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Course: Breakfast, Main Course
Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
Keyword: 20-minute, noodles
- 2 servings noodles of choice used fresh ramen (see note)
- 1 bulb black garlic
- 1½ tablespoons chili powder used gochugaru plus more for a spicier version
- 1½ tablespoons vegan oyster sauce (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- a drizzle of dark soy sauce for color optional
- 1½ tablespoons neutral oil plus more if needed
- chopped scallions
Squeeze garlic cloves into a large mixing bowl. Add a drizzle of oil or water and mash the garlic with a fork into a fine paste.
Add the chili flakes, vegan oyster sauce, soy sauce, and a drizzle of dark soy sauce (if using).
Heat 1 - 1½ tablespoons of oil in a small saucepan to about 225°F (110°C) or right before it starts to smoke.
Carefully pour the hot oil on to the garlic mix and quickly stir to combine.
Next, bring a pot of water to boil and cook the noodles as directed. I used fresh ramen that only need 2-3 minutes to cook.
When noodles are ready, sieve it out and transfer to the garlic mix. Using a pair of chopsticks, quickly toss to combine.
Garnish with chopped scallions before serving.
- The 2 servings of fresh ramen noodles I used weighed 13.9oz (395g) in total
- I used a hand-held cooking thermometer to measure the oil temperature
- If you have roasted chili flakes, please reduce the oil temperature to prevent the sauce from overcook (it may turn bitter)
- If you can't find store-bought vegan oyster sauce, please use this recipe.