Easy Mung Bean Sprouts Stir Fry - 炒豆芽
Have you tried Mung Bean Sprouts Stir Fry? It's super delicious, simple, and only takes 15 minutes to make. The recipe is also gluten-free and easily customizable to your preference. Also check out how to store the Mung Bean Sprouts you got from the store.
Servings: 2 people
- 1 lb fresh mung bean sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic sliced (optional) or check my options above
- 2 Thai Chilis sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt or more, adjust to taste
- a handful of chopped scallions or cilantro
- a pinch of mushroom powder or your favorite umami seasoning
- oil for cooking
(Optional) Prepare the mung bean sprouts by removing the ends. Wash and rinse with cold water and shake off excess water. I like to let them dry in my colander.
Heat a large non-stick wok, then add in a drizzle of oil.
When the oil is warm up, add in the salt and garlic, if using.
Sauté garlic (if using) until fragrant, then add in the chili and mung bean sprouts. Quickly toss everything together and stir-fry* until all the ingredients are incorporated.
Season with a pinch of mushrooms or umami seasoning of your choice.
Finally, fold in the chopped scallions or cilantro and serve warm.
- Most restaurants do not remove the ends of the mung bean sprouts (except soybean sprouts), it's just my personal preference. Skip this step if you prefer.
- Note: Adjust your time based on how crunchy you want your mung bean sprouts to be and do not overcook.
- For other cooking or pairing variations, please see the above section Mung Bean Sprouts Stir-Fry variations
- Mung Bean Sprouts Stir-Fry video, 炒豆芽 (starts at 2:16)